To broadcast at the highest possible quality on the trueGOD Television platform we suggest that you buy one of our custom encoder systems. Our encoders are configured to provide the highest quality broadcasting in HD (high definition) or SD (standard definition). Some customers may not be able to afford one of our encoding servers, so for those who want to build their own, or use existing equipment, here are the minimum computer that we recommend. Please do not use low cost (under $200) video conversion hardware to provide a bridge from your switcher or camera to the streaming encoder. We have seen many customer attempt that approach, which will provide video that has pixelation, artifacts, blurry video or intermittent pauses in the broadcast.
Here are the general recommendations.
Here are the computer specifications:
- Quad-core or 8-core processor (i7 strongly recommend)
- 4-8Gigs RAM
- 250+ Gig hard drive
- USB 3 or Firewire or Thunderbolt port
- Mac or Windows operating system (Linux for encoding not currently supported)
Video conversion card for video connections.
- If using firewire and SD quality, no video card conversion is needed.
- HD, SD high quailty streaming please use one of the follow devices;
- For analog or digital connections:
- BlackMagic Designs Intensity, Decklink or Shuttle.
- AMD All-In-One Wonder HD (difficult to find)
- Osprey Video Capture Cards (various models)
If you build your own encoder you will also need supported software, and configuration settings to connect to your account at trueGOD.tv. Just contact us we are here to help. Please contact us before, not after you build your system, otherwise you may build a system we cannot support.